6 to 12 months before wedding
- Determine your wedding budget (use our wedding budget planner).
- Set the wedding date.
- Select bridal pary
- Reserve wedding ceremony location.
- Talk to wedding Officiant.
- Compile guests list.
- Choose the wedding reception location.
- Choose caterer (if not included in the reception location).
- Reserve the date with a photographer.
- Reserve the date with a videographer.
- Reserve the date with a florist.
- Reserve the date with a disc jockey (DJ).
- Select bride's wedding dress and accessories.
- Select bridesmaids dresses and accessories.
- Establish a color theme.
- Choose discount wedding favors based on your wedding theme.
4 to 6 months before wedding
- Enroll with the bridal gift registry of your favorite store.
- Determine attire for groom and groomsmen.
- Determine the attire for your parents.
- Begin designing invitations.
- Plan your honeymoon.
- Decide on a wedding cake.
- Send "Save the Date".
- Take your "Engagement Pictures".
- Purchase wedding rings.
- Plan bridal shower.
- Begin designing wedding website (optional wedding website service).
2 to 4 months before wedding
- Finish wedding invitations.
- Plan for wedding rehearsal.
- Obtain marriage license.
- Put invitations on your wedding website (optional wedding website service).
1 to 2 months before wedding
- Mail out wedding invitations.
- Have the final dress fittings.
- Take formal wedding portrait.
- Make appointment with hair stylist and makeup artist.
- Order wedding cake.
- Have bridal shower.
- Select the Must play songs.
- Make a list of the Must take pictures.
2 weeks before wedding
- Contact proper authorities if you plan to change your name.
- Decide on seating for wedding reception.
- Design seating cards for reception.
- Groom Haircut.
- Leave Honeymoon itinerary with someone in case of emergency.
- Confirm number of guests with vendors.
1 week before wedding
- Confirm caterer is ready for wedding.
- Confirm photographer is ready for wedding.
- Confirm videographer is ready for wedding.
- Confirm florist is ready for wedding.
- Confirm DJ is ready for wedding.
- Confirm hair stylist and makeup artist are ready for wedding.
- Go over final details with your wedding coordinator.
- Send thank you notes after the wedding/honeymoon.
- Finish wedding website with the final pictures (optional wedding website service).
Day of the wedding
- Put lipstick on mom's purse.
- Attend photography portrait (revealing time) if applicable.
- Deliver favors, place cards, guest book, flutes, etc. to ceremony/reception site.
- Try to greet every attendee.
Days after the wedding
- Have your "trash the dress" portraits if applicable.
- Have your gown and veil cleaned and preserved.
- Change your name if applicable
- Mail "Thank you notes" within 3 months after the wedding.
- Review proofs and order photos / video and or albums.
The wedding planning checklist above gives you an idea of all the steps that are involved in planning a wedding in Florida. Whether you require our wedding planning service in one or all of the steps above, we can help you have a truly affordable wedding. In planning your Miami wedding, Miami Beach wedding, or Florida Key wedding, we will use the wedding planning checklist above to make sure that everything is done right.